Friday, February 11, 2011

A Little More Moosewood-Thai Coconut Soup pg 66


I confess I made this soup a couple weeks ago and am just now getting around to posting. My husband loves Thai coconut soup and requested that I make this for him. The lemon grass stock is easy to make. I went for leeks as the onion portion. The stock is a beautiful color and had a delicate flavor full of veggie goodness. I do not care for mushrooms so I added carrots to the soup, an idea from pg 67 Thai carrot soup. Also inspired by page 67 I added a green chile to the stock as it simmered away. Instead of tofu I poached some thinly pounded chicken breast in the broth before serving the soup. Trader Joe's has a Harvest Grain blend with Israeli couscous, baby garbanzos, orzo and quinoa that I cooked on the side and then mixed into our soup bowls right before eating. With the chicken and grains it was a delicious complete one bowl meal. We both loved the soup and I hope you all give it a try : ) Amy

1 comment:

  1. oooh! i admit, i planned on making this, bought everything and never got around to it; all the ingredients went elsewhere :( the chicken sub. and addition of couscous sounds great... i still want to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete