Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies




I love the way that Sam Choy begins the dessert section of this book... "Never trust a skinny chef". I feel like he is trying to tell us that we are SUPPOSED to eat dessert, as if life is unsatisfactory without it, and I believe him. I love dessert. You know how they say that the only thing better than meat is meat wrapped in more meat? Well, the only thing better than chocolate is more chocolate (except perhaps chocolate and peanut butter! Mmmmmm!) So I decided to try out Sam's recipe for double chocolate chip cookies. The dough required two and a half sticks of butter! Needless to say, the dough was more like fudge than dough. I then understood why Sam Choy says to refrigerate his cookie doughs for a hour before baking, because all that butter starts to melt. The final product of the cookies were delicious and delectable!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!!!!!! I am making these for sure. My mouth is watering...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete