Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pork Paprika

This warm, hearty meal was wonderful! Pork Paprika was one of the first recipes I marked "to make"... it may have been the enticing butter noodles or the description as a Hungarian classic that pulled me in, but the result will make this a go-to meal in our home. Brian was giving "mmmm's" from "office" at the smells drifting through our studio. I wish this recipe was available online so I could share... if you have the book, MAKE THIS!
It was surprising how much paprika goes into this dish. I coated the pork chunks in the 1T as directed and thought "wow, that's a lot!". Then realized half way through you are to add yet another tablespoon of paprika! That Martha knows what she's doing because this dish was perfectly seasoned. Everything came together so quickly, I kept re-reading the directions to make sure I wasn't missing a step.
This recipe serves 4, and we had plenty of leftovers for a second meal but I will need to make more noodles to accompany the dish. I must admit that I pulled the cold meal from the fridge and took a few bites, just to revisit the spicy, tomato flavor... I felt like Nigella Lawson at the end of an episode where she sneaks into the kitchen for a late night snack. I encourage you to give this one a try!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment