Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala

We chose to make Jamie's Chicken Tikka Masala last night for dinner. I have tried making this before using other recipes, none of which I would attempt again. This recipe, however, was much more of an enjoyable process and very, very tasty! For being a dish from India, it's interesting how this Tikka Masala now represents typical British cuisine, replacing the quintessential fish and chips; a remnant of Imperialism. Nonetheless, Jamie has created a wonderful home version of this spice-filled meal. The chicken was so tender after marinating in the spiced yogurt that it just melted in your mouth.

Brian felt that the cinnamon was a bit powerful, so next time I will lesson the amount of Garam Masala. I rounded out the meal with basmati rice (steamed with fennel seeds), fresh green beans (boiled, then tossed in olive oil with slivered garlic and curry powder), whole wheat flat bread, and a hoppy IPA... delicious. This will now be my go-to meal for an Indian inspired evening. This would be easy enough to double and serve for a dinner party.

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Chicken Tikka Masala!!! I was afraid to attempt it myself due to the amount of ingredients it requires, but you have encouraged me! I will definitely have to try to make it myself before I return my book to the library! :)

    ReplyDelete