Friday, February 25, 2011

Pesto and Roasted Chicken


For this month's cookbook I decided to bust out my new food processor. And what better to make with a new food processor than pesto! Jamie has lots of great ideas of what to use the pesto with instead of just pasta, which was great. I decided to go with his first suggestion: roasted chicken. This was my first time cooking a whole chicken and it was very successful! The chicken was stuffed with a whole lemon that was pierced and some rosemary leaves with olive oil. My roommate and I had a girls night for dinner and every body provided a course. My roommate Chrissy made Ina Gartner's bruschetta which I made a few months ago for the club, my friend Emilee brought a salad, and our friend Abbey brought cheesecake... yum yum! In the picture is my chicken and pesto along with Emilee's salad and Chrissy's bruschetta. I also made myself a cosmo, which I learned how to make from Ina's book as well :)


2 comments: