Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spicy Eggplant with Chicken

I wanted to get one more meal in from our Hawaiian cookbook before the end of the month, so we tried the Spicy Eggplant with Chicken (pg. 118). This was very simple and tasty. Brian is not a fan of eggplant but thought this was a good dish (he enjoyed this more). I could have used more spice, so if I make this again, it will be with additional peppers. I was actually beginning to think that there was a page missing from this recipe since the instructions just ended without really summing up what to do with the reserve spices... I just threw everything in at the end. I also thought there was not enough liquid in the sauce mixture ("cook until liquid is evaporated..") so I added a little water, which turned out to be a mistake; too much liquid after the bell peppers and onions released their juices. All in all it turned out ok and we had a nice little meal.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment