Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Caramelized Carrot Risotto

I was very excited flipping through this new "cookbook"; the enticing colorful photos, a wide range of food options... I felt inspired to try something new. I have made risotto a number of times, but the idea of a Caramelized Carrot Risotto was a fresh take on the Italian staple, so I decided to give it a go. There was bit of prep work, but overall a painless process yielding delicious, smooth, slightly sweet, creamy results. I LOVED it! With fresh bits of thyme and parsley scattered throughout, it helped to balance the richness of the mascarpone cheese leaving a lovely first course meal. Um, confession... we ate this as a main course, of course. I would have to advice against this, however, unless you are in the mood for a small meal. The creaminess of the dish was a lot to eat alone, and would have been better suited as an accompaniment to a protein of some-sort. Regardless, I really liked this version of risotto and will be making it again!

Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. this recipe caught our eyes for sure.
    glad it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds heavenly. I mean, mascarpone cheese - enough said! Delish! And your picture looks just like the photo in the magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete